Friday, July 3, 2009

A Thoughtful Neighbor

A few weeks ago I helped my neighbor K strip wallpaper from what will be her nursery. She & her husband are expecting their first baby in August. A little backstory: her husband bought the house as a single guy; I think the home was vacant when he purchased it; the rooms he didn't use were left shut up. He & K were married last October. Back to the present: the paper was old & dirty-ish, the carpet was a blue-green horrendus stuff, the window treatments were dusty but I could see that they were beautiful once upon a time and I commented on that as we were taking them down.
So yesterday K called me to come over & view their progress so far. As she was showing me the room, she opened the closet and pulled out a roll of fabric! It's the rest of the bolt that the window treatments were down up in. She found it as she was cleaning her hubby's stuff out the closet and knew that I'd appreciate having it.




I'm lazy and don't want to re-roll the fabric so I don't know how much is here but it looks like a lot!


I tried to figure out just how "vintage" the fabric is. Maybe from the 70's? It doesn't look 80's to me. I'm not sure yet what I'll do with it. I can definately see it in a quilt! I'll be making some baby things for K and will be sure to at least include a small swatch of the fabric someplace on one of them!

Happy Friday and be sure to stop back tomorrow for Pink Saturday!

No comments: