Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Tuesday Truth

Lamentations 3:19-25
"I remember my affliction and my wandering,
the bitterness and the gall.
I well remember them,
and my soul is downcast within me.
Yet this I call to mind
and therefore I have hope:
Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
I say to myself, 'The LORD is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him.'
The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him,
to the one who seeks him;"

Yesterday morning I sat down determined to "do" devotions for the first time in a couple of months. I prayed, confessing a sin that I thought I was done harboring which reared it's ugly head again last week; and asking God to help the knowledge that He wants to spend time with me persnally travel from my head down to my heart. I was reminded that His mercies are new every morning and in searching out that scripture I read the verses before & after it with new eyes. I remember my sins, past & ever-present, and my soul falls; but I have hope because of the LORD's great love for me......HE is my portion and I will hope in Him.

Grace & Peace,
Leslie

1 comment:

cheryl said...

I have been struggling with the SAME thing my dear friend! Brian posted a 12 min. video on his FB page that I subsequently put on my blog and FB page. It has caused me to really look at my "relationship" with Christ...to see if I am trying to "add Him" or "let him control" every aspect of my life. Deep questions, but questions HE wants us to be clear on. So today, once again, I will seek HIM to know him more.
praying for you...and trusting the Lord to lead us in his path of righteousness!
love you.