Saturday, August 8, 2009

Bridal Shower Gifts

Last Saturday I attended a bridal shower for my best friend's daughter who is getting married next week. My friend and I have been "besties" since kindergarten.....40 years! For a shower gift, I made some seasonal table runners & potholders and then added a cookbook that I think is phenomenal for a new cook. When I was going through my mother's wedding things, I found an unused, still in cellophane, shower gift card. Instead of using the original (shown in the picture), I copied it and cut it with deckled scissors to attach to my package.
Enjoy!

Christmas

Patriotic

Spring/Summer

Fall (no potholders, that's the back folded over)









My friend and I (sitting), the bride in white, my daughter in red

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love what you did with the card, and what a great shower gift! You're very talented! Happy Pink Saturday!

cheryl said...

You are a true friend! What a labor of love..thanks for sharing this with us! (even tho i did get a sneakie peekie!) miss you!

2 Dogs said...

Very nice gifts. I've been 'thinking' about making some table runners but that's as far as I've gotten with it. Have a great week.

RootsAndWingsCo said...

What a wonderful gift! All newlyweds can use more things to furnish their home and help decorate it!

Rebecca

Lori Holt said...

What a great use of the vintage card...the gift is amazing!
x lori