Thursday, August 21, 2008

Adventures in Mothering....

...is the MOPS theme for this year and I am so happy that the fall semester is about to start! Some of you may be thinking, and even be bold enough to ask "Leslie, what's the deal? You don't have preschoolers--unless there is other news you still need to share! What does MOPS have to do with you?"
Well, I am honored and thrilled and so very excited to be a part of the MOPS steering team at Faith! After a brief hiatus from MOPS when my term ended at Bethel and after our move last summer, I was able to return to MOPS last fall, taking care of 12-23 month olds. This year I get to head up the child care. This gives me a chance to again be stretched by God and pushed outside of my comfort zone. I know that He will use this to grow me in my relationship with Him and I have to admit I'm also a bit scared because I know from experience that spiritual growth is almost messy for me. I am priveleged to have the opportunity to be able to develop relationships with the other steering ladies as God uses us all.
Now here's a prayer request: We are desperately seeking more workers and I know that God will provide them, but I'd like Him to move at my speed, not His. So, please pray that I will learn what He has for me (patience? courage to call people I don't know? better reliance on Him?) and also that He will give us the workers needed. And while you're at it, pray that He will use this ministry to reach Lafayette/West Lafayette Moms who need Him.
Grace & Peace,
Leslie

No comments: